About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead of Quality BGD - Lean Gas Lines
- The Onshore Lead of Quality BGD - Lean Gas Lines – is responsible to oversee the implementation of the Quality Program and verify that all Quality and Welding procedures are established in accordance with project requirements. Perform as Quality Lead BGD and review Contractors Quality deliverables including Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs), Procedure Quality Records (PQRs) and NDT procedures.
- The operating environment is dynamic and challenging, requiring a high degree of personal commitment and organization
- Flexible time management is important when working in a SITE Quality Construction team environment
- Positional boundary set by the approved Project Organization Charts
- Position is full time SITE based position at Ras Laffan.
- To apply leadership and to be visual, vocal in the leadership of the incident injury free program.
- Review EPC Key Reporting Areas and advise areas for improvement.
- Work with the EPC contractors to ensure their Quality, Welding & NDE processes and plans are robust, fully documented and appropriately resourced
- Perform as focal point for Quality, Welding and NDE matters and provide recommendations for improvement and corrective action as required.
- Provides verification that construction quality systems and procedures are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the approved Quality Management Systems.
- Degree in Metallurgical/Welding Engineering (or Mechanical Engineering with Welding Engineering).
- Welding professional qualification (CEng, EWE or IWE) (where equivalent is proposed, evidence of equivalence shall be provided).
- Qualifications in Auditing, NDT field are desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience associated with Leading Welding Engineering, Quality Control & coordination of Welding activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.
- Experience with multi-national contractors, in particular those involved in the construction of LNG production facilities.
- Considerable relevant experience in the construction of onshore Oil & Gas installations. Demonstrated sound technical knowledge and extensive experience in welding processes. Expert knowledge in welding of high strength steels used in oil and gas industry.
- Experience in welding of API 620 tanks & Piping/Pipelines .
- Fully conversant with international codes and standards used in oil and gas industry.
- Mechanical testing including corrosion and pitting tests. Strong preference given to candidates with prior Qatar Gas or IOC project experiences.
- Thorough knowledge in Leading Welding Engineering, Quality Control & coordination of Welding activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.
- Must be capable of positive decision-making & demonstrating a high level of judgement & responsibility.
- Assertive Quality management leadership skills. Must be capable of communicating Quality and Welding requirements, results and status throughout Company and contractor management and craft labor levels.
- Planning & Organizing
- Good work ethics
- Teamwork and inter functional support
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Mar. 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha