Lead of QA/QC Pipelay - Offshore
Vacancy number • PUB406426
- Ensure through Quality monitoring and measurement the implementation of contract quality requirements, Leading quality audit programs, quality surveillance and quality control programs.
- Develops, implements and reports on the pipelay and cable lay phase quality surveillance program.
About this role
- Counsels on the Implementation of the quality management system and coordinates in providing quality planning input for the PMT; Monitors quality management system effectiveness.
- Prepares and executes/leads under the direction of the Head of QA/QC Topsides PMT internal and external audit schedule including stewardship of audit findings to resolution and closure using an “Action Tracking” close out process.
- Prepares and leads quality surveillance programs for cablelay and pipelay phases.
- Coordinates subordinate QA/QC team in daily planning and execution of their Quality function and duties including verification of all inspections and tests (i.e., Via ITP’s), production and follow up of daily quality reports, quality deficiencies and quality tools.
- Counsels the development of quality alerts, quality deficiencies and NCRs as necessary and stewards to close out. Monitors and reports quality KPIs to measure and improve quality performance.
- Implements reviews and stewards quality deviations to specifications including NCR’s, equipment and approved plans/procedures ensuring they are subject to appropriate review and approval by SME.
- Coordinates interfaces within PMT and towards EPCI to ensure a consistent, and effective quality approach is applied across the Offshore Project.
- Review and evaluates EPCI Deliverables for quality including specifications, plans and reports. Prepares and gains approval of weekly and monthly quality reports. Monitors and measures contractors’ quality performance, provides, and distributes quality surveillance metrics as described in the QMS control procedures
- Counsels the contractor to promote compliance; verify compliance with the contract and fitness for purpose of the delivered processes for cablelay and pipelay processes. Actively participates in project lessons learned process, facilitating capturing and closure.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or significant experience and CSWIP Senior Welding Inspection qualified.
- Preferred Certified ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor and ISO 9712/ NACE NDE-Coating Qualifications.
- Professional Quality Engineer with 5+ years of QA/QC experience in construction, pipelay and cablelay on Offshore Oil & Gas Projects representing Client.
- More than 8 years’ experience facilitating, coordinating and supervising implementation of Quality Control Programs on Major EPCI Offshore Projects representing the Client.
- More than 8 years’ experience in the development and delivery of External & Internal Audit Programs along with Quality Surveillance Programs.
- 5 Years’ Experience Working in the Middle East as QA/QC Lead.
- Day Rate in USD
- Work Schedule:
- 31 Aug 2026, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406426