About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead Of Piping
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Responsible to ensure Contractor deliver a complete Piping & Layout engineering deliverables during EPC execution;
- Review and comments on third party study reports to clarify / define impact on analysis activities (Including third party reports on FIV, AIV, Blast analysis);
- Review and Endorse Stress Analysis Specifications, Critical Line List selection criteria and any other formal related stress analysis execution notes / procedure;
- Well versed in CAESAR II static / dynamic modules;
- Manage EPC Contractor’s Piping and Layout disciplines resources and to ensure work completion on time;
- Responsible to check, review and appraise all piping & layout technical documents (specifications, calculation notes, drawings, etc.) developed by Contractor are in compliance with project scopes and requirements and identify potential risks to project if any;
- Responsible for all model reviews conducted during EPC including monitors and reports actual progress including S3D model development to ensure Contractor completion of key milestones;
- Identify capital efficiency opportunities as far as possible;
- Participate in various project’s workshop such as Hazardous Operations (HAZOP or HAZID etc) reviews;
- Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures;
- Works in a dynamic environment that has high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performance which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills;
- Well established awareness of policies and procedures with high expectations for business controls compliance and to further develop controls to meet changing needs.
- 15+ years of experience in piping & layout discipline with at least five years demonstrated lead engineering experience in major capital projects and MUST have at least executed one detailed design of an Offshore Compression Project;
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry;
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds;
- Knowledgeable in International Codes & Standards;
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha