About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead Of Electrical Engineer
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System (COMPANYPMS).
- Perform a cold eyes review of key electrical FEED deliverables
- During the ITT phase, provide technical information/clarifications requested by the bidders.
- Leads electrical engineering design and planning activities and ensures EPC contractor develops detailed design in accordance with local regulatory requirements, industry standards, project specifications and any approved variations.
- Resolve electrical discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses Project’s expectations and objectives. Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to Project Management when necessary.
- Review, evaluate and advise on electrical simulations, optimization, in compliance with design methods, safety factors (for Large Electrical Generation and Distribution System, Large motor drivers, VFDs in both Motoring and Generating modes, combined cycle power generation, HV switchgears, Electrical Integrated Control System (ELICS) and Power management System for Generation, Load sharing and Distribution Control).
- Review technical aspects of electrical equipment purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of new electrical equipment into the existing operating facilities (when applicable).
- Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
- Develop, update and amend design / project philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Electrical Engineering are current and relevant.
- Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key discipline deliverables, progress/milestones are met. Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps.
- Coordinate and analyse discipline issues for resolution. Provide Electrical Engineering input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary. Support commissioning, start-up and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations to management on Electrical matters.
- Plan and schedule Electrical Engineering deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule
- Contribute to Safety analysis studies such as SAFOP, HAZOP or HAZID and provide the required input to support project management in key decisions making. Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects
- 15 years’ experience of Electrical Engineering, preferably in a major LNG Project. Broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore LNG facilities and utility systems design, construction and operations.
- Requires demonstrated broad Electrical equipment and systems experience (HV/MV/LV electrical systems design, transformers, switchgear, power management systems, electrical system controls for reactive and active power sharing, power distribution control, large Motors, 40MW+) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes.
- High voltage and large-scale onshore power design requirements.
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha