About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead Of Cost
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Develop and maintain cost management guidance and provide advice on cost estimating, cost forecasting, cost accounting and reporting, cost allocation and cost benchmarking and control issues to ensure effective processes are utilised;
- Review, evaluate and analyse cost estimate basis / assumptions and cost data submitted / provided by the Project Management Team to ensure reasonableness of cost estimate and confirm cost estimate accuracy;
- Identify opportunities to standardise cost and expenditure processes and procedures within Major Projects group, recommending solutions for cost issues to ensure compliance to the existing processes and procedures and ensure objectives are achieved;
- Review Gate deliverables pertaining to cost management including Estimate Basis Memorandum (EBM) and Estimate Confidence Package (ECP) Ensure accuracy of the produced project estimate meeting the cost estimate classifications for each Gate (unclassified, Class V and III estimates) Review FEED contractor produced estimate and conditioning as per Company’s practices;
- Develop Funding Packages submittals as requested ie, Advance Commitments (AC’s), Full Funding (FF) and Supplementary Funding wherever required, to ensure that all necessary funding is provided;
- Develop and maintain a cost information database, benchmarking data to provide support for estimating requirements as required;
- Review cost related procedures, recommending improvements to achieve Department goals based on lessons learned and ensure cost related initiatives, procedures and activities are understood and followed by all EP&S and PMTs personnel as applicable;
- Participate in corporate governance activities such as Gate reviews, Independent Project Reviews (IPR), Cold Eye Review (CER), Constructability Reviews (CRR) and internal audits as Cost Subject Matter Expert;
- Provide timely functional support on cost management (estimating, forecasting, reporting) and advice to PMTs and other groups as requested Support PMTs and other group as required by identifying and highlighting any emerging situations on potential gaps / deviations on cost management allowing timely mitigation actions to be taken to comply with the cost related procedures;
- Coordinate and steward Major Projects’ Project Management of Change Procedure (PMOC) process ensuring compliance with COMPANYPMS requirements and procedures Provide change order cost estimating support to PMT to allow objective assessment of change orders, accurate cost estimates with a defined scope and support ad-hoc cost estimates as required to preserve Company’s interests.
- 8 years’ experience in cost management including estimation, forecasting, allocation, planning, and expenditure working within a project environment in the oil and gas industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Management disciplines.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha