About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: British Columbia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Lead Engineer
Reporting operationally to the Project Director and Project Manager, the Lead Engineer, Operational Readiness is responsible for the development and the execution of the operational readiness plan for the transition of the EVO workforce from the existing Harmer site AMC to the new AMC.
To be successful, the candidate for this role is someone who can work independently and who has strong problem solving and decision-making abilities. Since this role is on a fast paced and dynamic team someone that is detail oriented, organized, and can manage changing priorities is crucial. Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills are vital as you will be the main contact between the existing operations, maintenance and administrative personnel and the project team.
This is a dynamic role that will vary between office and field time at our Elkview operations site. You will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility if seen fit, which could include supervising the team and contractors, or managing larger projects.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Include operational input into AMC project designs to ensure operational interests are addressed and incorporated into the final product
- Develop and execute the operational readiness and transition plans and activities required to build the operational organization for the new AMC facilities
- Development of the operational readiness and transition plans in accordance with input from key EVO stakeholders and discipline leads, including detailed transition plans, schedules, and related cost estimates
- Lead the transition from project to operations for the various AMC facilities and building systems to ensure all operational requirements are met prior to transfer of care, custody, and control
- Participate in the pre-commissioning and commissioning of the new AMC facilities and systems to ensure a safe and effective transition to occupation of the new facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree in mining, metallurgical, chemical, mechanical, electrical, or civil with a focus on mine operations and/or maintenance or combination of equivalent experience and related certification
- Minimum five years relevant work experience including at least one year of experience in an industrial operating facility
- Experience with project management or working with Engineering Procurement and Construction Management is considered a strong asset
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience
- Willingness to perform desk work, site work, or field work as the role requires
- Willingness to work periodic shift work, or extended hours as needs dictate
- Willingness to supervise consultants, contractors, or other engineers as the role requires
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including listening.
- Honors commitments and delivers timely, high-quality results
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing needs in a fast-paced environment, while still maintain high standards in terms of attention to detail and quality of deliverables
- Ability to work without continuous supervision.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto