About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Kuwait
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Lead Design Engineer - Pipeline
Our Client, one of the largest PMC is currently recruiting for Lead Design Engineer - Pipeline for their long-term PMC Contract under the major projects based in Kuwait. Candidates with PMC experience in oil and gas projects / EPC / consulting organization, with a good knowledge of international codes and standards, can apply for these roles.
- Initiate and oversee specific design tasks performed by engineers related to offshore and onshore pipelines;
- To ensure design integrity whilst leading pipeline engineering on specific projects.
- Ideal candidate should have a sound experience in Conceptual, FEED, Detailed Engineering and Procurement of pipelines system encompassing following engineering tasks;
- Ensure that design is fully compliant with Project Specification and Client, International and Local Standards;
- Pipeline route selection, to optimise costs of new pipelines;
- Pipeline stability analysis, expansion calculations, free spans analysis, pipeline fatigue analysis, cathodic protection design;
- Pipeline hydraulic analysis, pipeline sizing calculations;
- Riser and Tie-in spools flexibility analysis;
- Cost estimating for pipelines and facilities;
- Pipeline Materials Specification, MTOs and Requisitions;
- Pipeline installation engineering experience is an advantage;
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to company;
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices.
- Experience in performing design and design appraisal;
- Experience for Industry standard codes and analysis softwares;
- Proven track record of working within project teams. Experience gained in a PMC environment would be advantageous;
- Proven ability to work with a minimal supervision;
- Ability and willingness to meet agreed deadlines;
- Some experience of and willingness to complete ‘inside of fence’ piping design would be an advantage.
- B.Sc. Engineering Degree;
- Minimum of 15 years total post graduation experience;
- Minimum of 10 years oil & gas post graduation experience in Conceptual, FEED, Detailed design and Construction engineering;
- Minimum 5 years in related designation (as a Lead Engineer).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wasim Hassan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait