About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead Cost
- Provide expert professional advice and guidance in allocation, planning and stewardship of costs and expenditures for Onshore Project and develop and modify procedures to meet business requirements during project phases.
- To maintain Shareholder cost estimate confidence throughout the duration of the project by developing detailed cost planning models, analysis and reports to advise, guide and recommend appropriate changes to processes and procedures to meet business requirements.
- Major challenges include (i) operating in a dynamic team environment in a highly visible project with large capital expenditure and significant schedule execution pressures and (ii) delivering accurate and flawless performance in respect to safety, quality, cost and schedule demonstrating multi-tasking, flexibility and initiative to meet evolving business needs.
- Develop and maintain a set of Project Cost Control procedures, guidelines and flow charts to meet project requirements along with a standard cost reporting process across all project EPC Contracts.
- Ensure cost data integrity across all EPC Contracts and make sure cost information is accurately compiled and reported to Project Management to provide visibility on overall project cost status and performance.
- Direct project team and provide guidance and expertise to Project Cost Engineers assigned to each one of the EPCs and ensure common understanding and standardized practice of cost control processes in terms of Value Of Work Done (VOWD) reporting, forecast updates, contractors’ change orders, trend and contingency management and expenditures allocation.
- Support the Business Division Manager and lead the financial input into Funding Packages submittals, e.g. Advance Commitments (ACs), Full Funding (FF), Supplementary Funding whenever required and recommend budget transfers to ensure that all necessary funding is provided and Project Cost At Completion is aligned with the approved budgets.
- Development of Forecast cost estimates and preparation of annual Work Program and Budget (WP&B) taking full consideration of project scope, progress achieved and pending to complete scope.
- Develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for the overall Onshore project consistent with project scope and reporting structures requirements across project EPCs.
- Facilitate the monitoring of FEED and EPC contractors and project’s cost performance comparing to agreed control plans and recommends corrective plans as required during project execution with the appropriate PMT personnel. Monitor, review and endorse FEED and EPC Contractors deliverables in terms of VOWD reporting, Trend Management and Earned Value Analysis
- Advise Head Project Controls and Project Leadership Team of any potential cost issues as early enough to mitigate, provide guidance on corrective actions and measures to mitigate any adverse trends. In conjunction with Head Project Controls develop and implement corrective actions and recovery plans ensuring these are implemented in a timely manner.
- Follow up Project Commitments in line with approved budgets and ensure all change orders are dully submitted (with regard to contractual compliance) and are subject to proper Management approval. Provide guidance to Procurement and Contracts teams for commitments’ WBS and CBS allocations.
- Develop inhouse cost reporting solutions for managing Project Cost ensuring accuracy, integrity and consistency of data.
- Provide support for EPC tenders technical evaluations during Pre-EPC phase by developing Tender Evaluation Plans, facilitating and coordinating the technical evaluation process, developing Technical Bid Evaluation reports and getting required approvals from project management and committees.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Engineering, Construction Management related subjects or relevant experience.
- 10 years’ experience in Project Cost Control for EPC oil and gas capital projects, of which a minimum of 5 years is in field scheduling together with a thorough and extensive knowledge of Project Controls principles, theories and concepts.
- Previous experience on major projects, from an Owner’s perspective, managing EPC Lump Sum Contracts, working with multi-lingual contract teams with large local subcontractors and mentoring Developees is required. Knowledge of practices, processes and expectations with respect to cost controls is desirable.
- Experience required in working with ERP systems and Project Management systems (such as SAP or any other O&G ERP).
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong analytical, commercial and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good collaboration and team working skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages and some technical packages.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Jul 2025 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha