About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Annandale
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Laboratory Technician
Brunel Energy is working with a major oil and gas company, looking to hire a Lab Tech to support business from their Clinton, NJ office for a 1-year contract with possibility of extension.
The position is in support of the client's Lubricants blending labs and plant. The candidate will receive direction and support. However, they will be expected to carry out multiple tasks at the same time, work independently, and demonstrate the flexibility to handle changing priorities.
- Maintaining the safety and security of the work area
- Chemical handling requiring physical labor
- Preparing samples for evaluation and analysis
- Maintaining supplies, files, and chemical inventory
- Detailed data management
- Performing safety inspections and general housekeeping duties
- Ability to work in production/laboratory settings with minimum supervision while following safe work practices at all times.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds, manipulate 55-gallon drums, climb ladders, and wear a respirator as needed
- Good teamwork skills
- Flexibility to accommodate workflow in a shiftwork position
- Availability for overtime and travel
- Good computer skills and be proficient in electronic data reporting, storage, and transfer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and MIDAS
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Good, safe laboratory work practices
- Four-year degree preferred, but not required.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marianna Rodrigues is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Brazil - Rio de Janeiro