About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Inspector (Plant)
Brunel Oil and Gas Services WLL is organizing a campaign in Indonesia in Q4 2023 for a major client in Qatar. We will be conducting face-to-face interviews with the shortlisted candidates who are available in Indonesia.
Candidates who are in nearby countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Thailand) and are able to attend the campaign are welcome to apply. This is for a 3-year contract on a Direct-Hire Status and is renewable.
- Perform field inspection activities as per approved inspection plans to ensure integrity of static equipment in operation and capturing threats in proactive manner within area of responsibility.
- Reports to Inspection Engineer / Senior Inspection Engineer.
- Performs inspection activities under different field environments.
- Performs inspection activities within challenging time frame (shutdowns/emergencies).
- Performs job activities in remote locations/unmanned areas.
- Performs job activities within the limitations of available inspection technologies and/or with access limitations.
- Implements and schedule planned inspections activities and support repairs for designated area of responsibility, coordinating with Operations Planning and Maintenance to obtain requisite permits to ensure static equipment integrity.
- Coordinates and supervises contractor resources team when required to ensure service compliance with company requirements as well as quality of service provided.
- Performs preliminary assessment of static equipment and piping according to Company established policies and procedures, interprets findings and issues inspection reports using Meridium or similar software.
- Provides inspection support to maintenance request. Ensures compliance with company practices, procedures, and specifications and in accordance with international codes and standards.
- Initiates inspection recommendation using Meridium and/or via appropriate notification and tracks progress to completion to ensure mitigation of potential risks.
- Provides on the job training support to IDP.
- Develops and maintain inspection records/reports in inspection data management system to ensure presence of information necessary to confirm equipment fit for purpose state as well as updating the inspection plans.
- Supports day to day operation requirements related to static equipment inspection and/or repairs.
- Maintains company inspection instruments, tools and equipment in good and operational condition. Co-ordinates for planning and procuring of additional instruments as required.
- Helps with additional specific inspection related duties as directed by Inspection Engineer/Senior Inspection Engineer to fulfil annual targets and special tasks.
- HND/Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Material).
- For HND in Engineering holders, 4 Years of in-service inspection experience.
- For Engineering Degree holders, 2 Years of in-service inspection experience.
- Basic awareness in relevant plant processes and materials.
- Knowledge in the following inspection technologies: UT, MT, PT, RT, and Advanced NDT.
- Holds certification in API 510/570 or equivalent, API 653 as required.
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Computer literate in MS Word and Excel and knowledgeable in relevant software tools and specifications.
- Conversant with using Meridium or similar Data Management Software.
- Awareness in risk-based inspection, Corrosion/corrosion control and damage mechanisms.
- Conversant with relevant international codes and specifications
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Standard Allowance and Benefits
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 Years / Renewable – Direct Hire
- Doha/Ras Laffan
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha