About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
About this role: Hydrodynamics Engineer
Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has a exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Hydrodynamics Engineer to work within one of their Project TeamStart date: ASAP
Location: Monaco, FranceDuration: Permanent
What you Will be Doing:
- Deliver anchoring systems design (FPSOs, mooring systems, CALM buoys, Wind floaters notably) on projects/tenders through hydrodynamics analyses;
- Perform package engineering activities on projects for anchoring items;
- Calculate floaters motions/accelerations, waves bending moment, slamming and green water loads, design bilge keels on projects/tenders;
- Interface with other engineering disciplines and divisions (Supply Chain, Proposals, PMT) to ensure smooth project/tender execution;
- Model tests supervision (see keeping, wind tunnel tests, station keeping), including calibration of results.
What you Will Need:
MSc in Offshore Hydrodynamics, or specialized engineering school such as:
- Centrale Nantes;
- Ensta Bretagne;
- Centrale Marseille.
- First experience in Hydrodynamics or junior graduate.
Specific skills / expertise / product:
- Programming skills: Matlab, Python (level required: writing scripts of standard complexity).
The following would be a plus:
- Knowledgeable on Hydrodynamics numerical analyses tools: Orca flex, Ariane, Hydro star;
- Experience on Hydrodynamics calculations (derivation of Hydrodynamics database, motions and accelerations calculations, wave bending moments calculations, bilge keels design) for offshore floaters is a plus;
- Fluent English.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester