About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Location: Karratha
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Vocational School
About this role: Hydraulic Technician - Shutdowns
Are you passionate about hydraulics and fluid power applications?
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to safety and excellence? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you to join our dynamic team as a Hydraulic Technician!
We are seeking Hydraulic Technicians for shutdowns August - September. This is a great opporuntity to collaborate with a leading company in the Oil & Gas and Mining Industry, dedicated to providing top-notch hydraulic solutions to their clients. With a focus on safety, quality, and innovation, they take pride in delivering exceptional services worldwide.
As a Hydraulic Technician, you will play a crucial role in manufacturing, repairing, inspecting, commissioning, and troubleshooting a diverse range of hydraulic components and systems. Your technical expertise and problem-solving skills will be instrumental in ensuring our clients receive efficient and effective hydraulic solutions.
- Performing service, fault finding, and repair on a diverse range of hydraulic components and systems
- Manufacturing hydraulic systems and equipment as per project engineers' specifications and product manufacturers' guidelines
- Executing tube manufacture and component rebuilds in line with manufacturing specifications
- Carrying out flushing, pressure testing, inspections, and testing according to specified requirements
- Maintaining workshop equipment and machinery in optimal condition
- Organizing work packs for remote mobilization to support client needs
- Providing detailed and accurate reports for all workshop and offsite tasks
- Collaborating with clients and third parties both onsite and offsite, maintaining strong client relationships and identifying potential business opportunities.
- Trade qualification in Mechanical, Hydraulic Fitter, Heavy Diesel Mechanic, or Aircraft Technician
- Current drivers licence (C class minimum)
- Current High Risk Work Licence with Forklift ticket
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Oil & Gas and/or Mining Industry
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic fault finding, servicing/repair, and testing/commissioning procedures
- Proficiency in fluid power applications and principles
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret schematics
- Familiarity with Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) principles and Quality Assurance (QA) practices
- Strong time management skills, capable of handling multiple work demands and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective internal and external interactions with PD employees, clients, and 3rd party subcontractors
- A collaborative team player with a flexible and positive attitude
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word and Excel proficiency
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software such as SAP, Navision, or Ostendo (Desirable)
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Camp facilities include a 24/7 gym, several recreational areas, indoor and outdoor dining, BBQ areas, multi-use sports courts, a swimming pool and high-speed internet offering a comfortable experience
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, EAP and corporate discounts
- Weekly Pay - super on all hours worked
- Referral bonuses
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ellyssiah Corica is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth