About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Scotland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: HSE Superintendent
Are you Looking for your next career opportunity? If yes, This could be the role for you! Our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled HSE Superintendent to work within one of their Project Teams.
Contract type: Permanent
What you Will be Doing:
- Developing and maintaining systems and procedures to continually improve the company’s HSE performance;
- Encourage and promote best practice throughout the company’s operations both on and offshore;
- Provide advice, guidance and information relating to all HSE matters, existing and proposed legislation, codes of practice, industry standards etc., as well as procedures and organisation necessary to comply with them;
- Ensure compliance with new and existing regulatory, voluntary or expected customer standards;
- Conducting and facilitating risk assessments, development of HSE plans and other relevant documentation in support of our clients fleet operations;
- Interface with all onshore, offshore and other relevant parties on HSE matters;
- Monitor the safety performance and key performance indicators of assigned vessels and intervene when required;
- Monitor compliance with management system standards (i.e., ISM Code, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001);
- Monitors effectiveness of safety awareness programmes providing support and guidance;
- Lead or support incident investigation and contribute as required.
You are Right for This Role if:
- A relevant HSE qualification to national examination board in occupational safety and health (NEBOSH) diploma level or equivalent;
- Auditor accredited with ISM/ISO accredited organization;
- Active member of a recognized professional body for safety and health (e.g. IOSH);
- Experience of delivering HSE training and behavioral based safety training;
- Excellent working knowledge of UK HSE legislation and the application of this to subsea construction activities;
- Good knowledge and experience in marine industry HSE practices, incident investigation and auditing;
- Good written and oral communication skills for general business and technical subjects;
- Capable of producing timely, reports for senior management.
As well as offering a competitive rate our client offers a attractive benefits package which includes life insurance, private healthcare and access to an onsite gym and restaurant.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester