About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: HSE Specialist - Well Operations Support
- Act as Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Emergency Response focal point for all activities being conducted on the Well Operations location.
- Facilitate and/or provide technical guidance on Risk Assessment and Incident Investigation processes. Lead or participate in investigation and risk assessment sessions when required by the senior company representative.
- Ensure the HSE Management System is fully implemented and monitor compliance of the same.
- Review and identify improvements to HSE procedures and methods of working to reflect best industry practice.
- Ensure that performance standards and maintenance of safety critical equipment assigned to Operations HSE department are achieved.
- Ensure Emergency Response systems are effective by coordinating with all affected departments. Provide technical and expert support to the senior company representative during emergencies.
- Lead or participate in HSE inspections and compliance audits and provide overall statistical data to monitor compliance.
- Act as Site Lead Radiation Safety Officer.
- Monitor and report HSE performance and propose improvement plans after data analysis. Issue weekly and monthly HSE reports as per the HSE Management System requirements.
- Responsible for the Behaviour Based Safety Programme “STAR” (Stop, Talk, Agree, Review) on site.
- Act as secretary of the Site HSE committee, prepare relevant HSE presentation, and extract data from Company HSE data software to present relevant HSE information to Offshore Leadership Team (OLT).
- Follow-up on all relevant HSE actions whether they are directly assigned to them or not.
- Ensure controls of the Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW) are fully implemented on offshore installation.
- Deliver HSE training in line with the HSE training matrix as required by the Training department.
- Develop specific HSE campaign for the site, and roll-out HSE campaigns developed at Company level.
- Promote HSE Accident, Near Miss and Hazardous Situation reporting, and ensure reported, classified and investigated as per HSE Incident Reporting, Classification and Investigation procedures. Participate in incident review panels as required.
- External certification of safety expertise preferred, e.g. NEBOSH or certificate, other safety diploma requiring testing.
- 15+ years experience in Oil & Gas HSE; with primary focus on safety.
- 10+ years oil & gas well operations experience desirable.
- Experience in Risk Assessments and Incident Investigation essential.
- Previous experience as Radiation Safety Officer an advantage.
- Experience in Well intervention operations would be advantageous.
- Experience in working within a multi-cultural environment.
- Working knowledge of Permit to Work Systems.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Medically and physically fit for Oil & Gas locations and hot climates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohamed Ashar Muthu Mohamed is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Mohamed Ashar Muthu Mohamed
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai