About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: .
What is required?
- Hours per week: 25
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: HSE Specialist - Turnaround Planning
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia almost 70 years. With the ingenuity and commitment of thousands of workers, Chevron Australia operates the Gorgon and Wheatstone LNG and domestic gas projects; has a one-sixth nonoperating working interest in the Northwest Shelf Venture; operates Australia’s largest onshore oilfield on Barrow Island; and is a significant investor in exploration.
On behalf of our client, we are currently looking for a HSE Specialist - Turnaround Planning to join the HSE team. The role will be based in Perth and is a 4 month duration.
The HSE Specialist- Turnaround Planning, will provide Operational Excellence leadership and generalist HSE operational guidance and support to the Turnaround event team, the Primary Maintenance Contractor HSE Lead and Chevron internal SME stakeholders.
- Provide HSE support and guidance to the Turnaround team and produce specific deliverables in support of the Turnaround scheduled for April 2024
- Identification and confirmation of turnaround ‘execution’ HSE resources
- Ensuring all turnaround resources are trained and competent for their roles, including confirming training and competency requirements of various Turnaround roles with scope owners, oversight of role profiles, interface with training and mobilization teams, designing assurance over training requirements
- Co-develop HSE team member and Supervisor turnaround orientation materials
- Work with planners to design updated fatigue management guideline into work patterns
- Provide oversight of occupational hygiene planning and risk reduction measures
- Complete or ensure completion of HAZID action items, and develop safeguard verification checklists
- Work with other team members on joint deliverables, and/or review Primary Maintenance Contractor deliverables
- Participate in regular meetings, to report progress and gain alignment
Top requirements include:
- Ability to facilitate and participate in risk studies (HAZIDs) as a safety & health SME, and assist in the identification of safeguards, and plan safeguard verification activities for project field execution.
- Tertiary qualification in Health & Safety, or HSE.
- Experience in the oil and gas sector, preferably with Turnaround/Shutdown experience
- Experience in human and organisational performance principles and their application,
- Experience in designing assurance activities and field experience in practical application of assurance activities – understanding work as designed and work as done.
- Short term contract opportunity
- Part time flexible work options
- Perth based role
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a provider of recruitment and flexible workforce solutions that connects skilled individuals with opportunities across Australasia and worldwide. Our expertise lies in matching candidates with industry-leading projects and organizations in technical, professional, trades, and craft disciplines on a contract, permanent, or secondment basis.
Since 2001, Brunel has been operating in Australasia with significant bases in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, and Port Moresby, complemented by a vast global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices, and 45 years of successful operation.
We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer and advocate for applications from female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alessandro Alberti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth