Vacancy number • PUB406486
HSE Professional looking for something new to kick your 2024 off right? Look no further.
Our client, a Tier 2 Private Builder, are searching for a HSE Coordinator to join their team in Brisbane.
The projects you will be working on span across a range of industries including: Social Housing, Healthcare, Education, Office, Mixed Use Commercial and Hospitality. This encompasses new-build, refurbishment and remediation projects ranging in value from $5m - $100m.
Safety is a key priority across sites on all projects. Ingrained processes and procedures built across 30+ years of operation alongside the values of trust and mutual respect built amongst the teams allows for simple upholding of the safety culture.
Some more key points for the job include:
- $120k - $160k + dependent on experience
- Emphasis on promoting from within with focus on training & development
- Working for a builder with a secure pipeline and one the best cultures in QLD
About this role
As a Safety Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding the health and safety of site teams ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Developing and implementing safety plans tailored to each project.
- Conducting regular site audits to identify and mitigate safety hazards, documenting findings, and recommending corrective actions.
- Having a strong influence on and being able to manage a diverse range of people.
- Leading safety meetings to foster a culture of safety awareness, discuss concerns, and reinforce safety protocols.
- Investigating accidents, near-misses, and safety violations, and providing recommendations to prevent future incidents.
- Maintaining accurate records of safety inspections, incident reports, training sessions, and safety-related communication.
- Minimum Cert IV in Workplace Health and Safety or equivalent
- Proven experience in safety advisory within the commercial construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Australian safety regulations.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and develop effective safety strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A commitment to promoting a positive safety culture.
- Strong pipeline providing stability in a long-term position
- Exciting projects throughout Brisbane
- Support system through HSE Manager and team of H&S coordinators
- Emphasis on Work / Life balance
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead Howard is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406486