About this job
- Industry: Building & Construction
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: West End
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: HSE Advisor
Brunel has recently partnered with a Tier 2 commercial builder to assist in the recruitment of a Safety Advisor to join their Brisbane team.Project values will range from $10M - 100M, across several verticals including education, health, commercial/retail, industrial, government and aged care.
Our client is one of the largest private construction companies in Queensland with an esteemed reputation for delivering high quality projects.
As a Safety Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding the health and safety of site teams ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Developing and implementing safety plans tailored to each project.
- Conducting regular site audits to identify and mitigate safety hazards, documenting findings, and recommending corrective actions.
- Having a strong influence on and being able to manage a diverse range of people.
- Leading safety meetings to foster a culture of safety awareness, discuss concerns, and reinforce safety protocols.
- Investigating accidents, near-misses, and safety violations, and providing recommendations to prevent future incidents.
- Maintaining accurate records of safety inspections, incident reports, training sessions, and safety-related communication.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Work Place Health and Safety or similar.
- Proven experience in safety advisory within the commercial construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Australian safety regulations.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments and develop effective safety strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A commitment to promoting a positive safety culture.
- Strong pipeline providing stability in a long-term position
- Exciting projects throughout Brisbane
- Strong support system and H&S culture
- Competitive salary
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead Howard is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane