About this job
- Industry: Public & Civil
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Melbourne
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Vocational School
About this role: HSE Advisor (Civil Package)
Join the exciting world of renewable energy! Our esteemed global client, whose name remains confidential, is about to kick off construction on a Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) in Victoria by the end of 2023. This is an unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of promoting a sustainable future.
Leadership: Offer leadership in HSE, conduct regular meetings, inspections, and up-to-date training for all staff.
Management of Suppliers & Sub-contractors: Guarantee HSE compliance, undertake regular audits, and provide guidance.
RFT / Tender Stage: Review subcontractor HSE capabilities, evaluate documentation, and liaise to rectify concerns.
Project Delivery Phase: Design and oversee the HSE management plan, conduct risk assessments, investigate incidents, and liaise with various authorities on HSE concerns.
Client Relationships: Maintain strong ties with clients, addressing HSE concerns and providing updates.
Team Building & Delivery: Promote a team-oriented environment focusing on HSE best practices and responsibilities.
Strategy & Innovation: Incorporate modern solutions to uplift HSE practices and keep abreast with industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Health & Safety Engineering or a related field.
- Must possess a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Certifications like NEBOSH are preferable.
- Proven experience as a senior HSE advisor, preferably in construction.
- Familiarity with Australian HSE regulations and renewable energy projects.
- Knowledge in HSE management systems.
- Expertise in risk assessments and incident investigations.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Internal: Project Delivery Team, Project management office, and AU branch team.
- External: Clients, NSPs, Design & Engineering Firms, Consultants, Joint venture partners, and industry partners.
Joining this project offers a multitude of benefits for prospective candidates.
Not only will you be offered a highly competitive pay rate, but you'll also be diving deep into the dynamic world of green energy, marking your involvement in an industry pivotal to our sustainable future.
This two-year endeavor isn't just a fleeting commitment; there's a promising opportunity for extension, allowing you to further cement your position and expand your horizons in other groundbreaking projects.
Furthermore, being a part of a global business opens doors to a vast network, exposure to international best practices, and the chance to collaborate with diverse teams worldwide.
It's more than just a job; it's an enriching experience in a sector that's shaping the world's future.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Chapman is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane