About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Alaska
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Health & Safety Coordinator
Brunel is currently searching for two Health & Safety Coordinators for a 9 month contract on a construction project located in the NW Arctic of Alaska. The project will be a 2 week on/2 week off rotation set to begin in January 2023 and run through Q3 2023. Working conditions include camp accommodations.
In this role you will report to the Project Health & Safety Lead. Your role will be to provide field support and oversight on the project to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards and risk mitigation for safe execution of field activities and a safety-focused culture.
Site is a mining facility and mine exploration site. Project is construction of access roads, bridges and culvert crossings.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in health & safety for mineral exploration, construction, mining or related industry.
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety and/or completion of WHMIS, Aerial Lifts, Fall Arrest, TDG, Forklift Safety, and respiratory PPE would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of H&S best practices in construction, hazard identification, risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Superior ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals from variety of backgrounds, roles and seniority
- Experience with MS Office for documentation management.
- Must be available for 2wk on/2wk off rotation to the NW Arctic of Alaska for entire project
- Winter and ice-road construction experience is considered an asset
- Must be willing to work in extreme climates with camp accommodations.
- Daily contract rate
- Benefits for medical, dental and vision offered and will be begin on 1 day of employment
- All travel accommodations covered and arranged by client from your home to site
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. For over 45 years we’ve created a global network bringing together fascinating clients and talented individuals working together. We manage the process for you with an entrepreneurial outlook to help you grow and build your career.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit