About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Head Of SHES
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021)
- Supports the Onshore EPC project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work; Shall be flexible and team-orientated; Act as the key focal point for all SHES compliance field issues;
- Manages the onboarding of EPC contractor, Subcontractors and Vendors to site, ensuring all relevant SHES requirements are met prior to the start of site works;
- Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with contractor and among PMT; Daily attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to contractor and its subcontractor(s) to ensure this fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels;
- Provide oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements; Review and comment on contractor SHES Plan and key supporting documents;
- Coordinate SHES site resource planning, assignment, oversight and performance reviews; Provide mentoring and promote development of company and contractor SHES personnel;
- Use networking, influencing skills, negotiation skills, and technical knowledge to help establish direction and culture for the Onshore project EPC construction site; Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program;
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required, e;g; company Operations, Major Projects, contractor, subcontractor(s) etc; Manage SHES related interface with RLC on behalf of contractor when required;
- Participate in relevant site safety reviews, walkthroughs and audits as required; Participate in pre-start up safety reviews; Participate in SHES assessments and inspections;
- Ensure SIMOPS and relevant SHES programs for Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and start-up are in place and complied with;
- Ensure the continual improvement of the contractor SHES management system; Pro-active identification of negative trends which requires corrective action and remediation.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years industry relevant HSE experience;
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i;e; greenfield and brownfield work);
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn);
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc);
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor;
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha