About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Head Of Project Controls
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally. Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Provide management and technical direction for all facets of the division (scheduling, planning, reporting, change order cost estimating and cost engineering) by establishing a set of project control procedures, guidelines and flow charts to suit project requirements and needs to support management decision making process.
- Lead project control activities, coordinating input from PMT functions such as engineering,construction, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring effective project control measures are executed by the Contractorand sub-contractor organisations, with particular emphasis on schedule management,planning and progress monitoring, recommend modifications to management to ensureCompany and PMT standards and requirements are met.
- Provide an interface between Project Manager, Business Manager, PMT members and EPCContractor with respect to cost and schedule performance, reporting and approvals.
- Responsible for implementing and updating the Project Control Plan, as required.
- Coordinate the collecting, consolidating ,analysing and reporting all project cost and schedule, control, trend and progress measurement information to ensure overall project status is assessed and potential problem areas identified. Produces cost estimates on the project as requested by Project Leadership.
- Review project changes evaluating any schedule and/or cost impact; responsible forincorporating the effect and impact of approved changes into overall cost and schedulestewardship and reporting.
- Manage project workforce planning and resourcing, ensuring changes are managed fairly using consistent decision making criteria across the project.
- Monitor Contractor’s performance and progress in areas of project controls, scheduling,reporting, progress monitoring and cost estimating assessing any discrepancies and revertingto Contractor for clarifications/corrections. Establishes and maintains appropriate planningsystems, fully integrated, and appropriate for the project.
- Review invoices for compliance and completeness, liaise with the contractors and/or suppliers and the Accounts Payable Department in the resolution of queries and disputes. Provides data for accounting and auditing functions and ensures EPC Contractor’s accounting systems meet Company audit requirements.
- 12 years’ experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management and 3 years supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams and as head of control for mega projects.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business related subject.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha