About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Future Fuels & Mobility Systems Strategist
- The Future Fuels & Mobility Systems Strategist’s primary role is to provide strategic long-term perspectives and critical insights on low-carbon and alternative transportation fuels and powertrain technologies of interest to the Company, as well as global and country-specific market outlooks for such technologies and policies in the context of the global energy transition;
- Timely preparation of high-quality insights and publications (i.e. outlook reports, whitepapers, deep-dives) to support corporate-level strategic decisions and R&D related to the company’s low-carbon and alternative transportation fuels and powertrain technology innovations for road transport, aviation, marine and rail applications;
- Conduct rigorous market analysis of conventional and alternative transportation fuels such as synthetic fuels (e-fuels), biofuels, ammonia, hydrogen, methanol and alternative powertrains such as battery electric vehicles, fuel cell electric vehicles, hybrid and innovative internal combustion engine (ICE) technologies;
- Conduct quantitative techno-economics analyses and research for road transport, aviation, marine and rail markets, technology trends, costs and supply chain analysis, and relevant policies and regulations to develop written report; and deliver presentations to internal stakeholders;
- Provide comprehensive global market and industry research of strategic priorities for automakers, transportation OEMs, suppliers, energy and chemical companies, and governments in their quest to decarbonize the transport sector;
- Provide insights and recommendations to management and colleagues in response to inquiries pertaining to Technology Outlook & Strategy reports and publications, which are supported by rigorous research and analysis of low-carbon transport technologies;
- Keep abreast of evolving global policies and regulations impacting the energy and chemicals industry with particular focus on alternative fuels and powertrain technologies supporting the energy transition, climate and sustainability, and determine the impact, pace of change, and challenges and opportunities for the business.
- Master's degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline, Economics, or Energy & Transport policy; a PhD would be a distinct advantage;
- At least ten years of professional experience related to the Energy and Chemicals and/or with the transportation industry; with particular focus on future fuels, powertrain technologies and mobility applications; as well as policy and regulations;
- Possess strong techno-economic modeling skills to assess the impact of global and regional economic, policy and technology developments on the transportation sector;
- Thorough understanding of how local and global systems work, and how evolving policies and regulations affect the industry;
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated recognition by peers as an energy expert, with a deep understanding of key issues impacting the global energy industry and how low-carbon energy technologies can play a role in a sustainable energy landscape;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully translate strategic and business objectives into actionable technology and R&D imperatives;
- Proven track record in producing high quality reports, journal articles, whitepapers, concept notes, etc;
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with varied internal audiences, including scientists, engineers, business professionals, PR personnel, economists, executives, as well as with external collaborators and partners;
- Strong work ethic and a “can do” spirit, with a proven track record initiating and leading initiatives and projects to successful outcomes.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai