About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: France
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: FSRU Construction Manager
Construction Manager based in Le Havre.
The service holder shall carry out the service of Construction Manager at HAROPA Harbour ,"Quai de Bougainville", in the "Darse de l'Océan", area, Le Havre and as well at dedicated workshop in the vicinity of Quai de Bougainville area.
In line with the interruption of Russian gas deliveries to France, French Ministry of Ecological Transition has mandated our client to design and install a floating LNG import terminal (FSRU: Floating Storage & Regasification Unit) in the Port of Le Havre for gas redistribution.
The start-up shall be beginning of Sept 2023 for a period of 2 to 5 years.
In addition to high level of HSE record, the main driver of the project is the SCHEDULE.
- In close collaboration with Project Manager to monitor Site Supervision team (permanent and on mission as necessary) and coordinate the day to day activities related Site activities (including commissioning, assistance to start-up)
- Be a force of proposition to the Project Management in developing, recruiting as necessary and implementing full project organization to ensure smooth project development and technical coordination for every step of the execution phase
- Be accountable for the performance of the construction and LLI integration
- Ensure adequate contractual communication with all Contractors at Site.
- Control Construction project progress (technical, schedule, S-Curve and costs)
- Manage and actively support the team, creating team spirit and motivation
- Ensure respect of internal and external rules
- Promote cost reductions when seeking technical solutions, prioritizing reliability and safety of installations and personnel and respect of the environment
- Steer and coordinate the execution activities by Contractors/Sub Contractors during Construction at Site, ensuring that safety, environment, cost, planning and quality are respected
- Review and control regularly the quality and consistency of Construction deliverables by Contractor
- To anticipate any deviances of the progress and propose remedial actions
- Liaise with all departments (Procurement, Contract, HSSE, QA/QC, Commissioning and Operations representatives) asappropriate, to ensure design is safe, operable, flexible and maintainable within the contractual requirements
- Ensure adequate preparation and suitable transfer of facilities to operations
- Identify and anticipate any critical problems/issues and propose corrective actions/solution as necessary
- Engineering, Project, Construction and Commissioning technical expertises;
- minimum of 15 years confirmed skills in Oil and Gas Industry (experience on LNG project will be plus),
- Management of multidisciplinary team of engineers and technicians.
- Project Management positions at best industry standards in French Local environment and with multi-workforce
- Influencing capacities in key-areas as company Representative.
- Capable of liaising efficiently and of establishing an efficient support network,
- As a Senior Manager, to be a role model, in order to have teams giving their best at work
- Master in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with expertise in Construction and Projects Management.
- Generalist or former specialized graduated Engineer with more than 15 years of experience in the oil & gas industry including petroleum engineering and surface facilities installations management.
- Strong Experience in Project Management, Construction areas.
- Solid experience in LNG area is a must.
- Job Specific Skills:
- Flexibility, associated to Adaptive and Synthetic approach;
- Ability to represent Company in discussions / negotiations with authorities and Contractors.
- Good communication and managerial skills, able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong and committed team leader able to take proper actions and decisions to ensure adequate coordination and respect targets.
- Very familiar with management practices, procedures and organization.
- Fluent in French
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Duane is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester