About this job
- Industry: Building & Construction
- Area of expertise: Construction & Commissioning
- Location: Brisbane
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Foreman
We are currently representing a tier 2 construction company that has been operating for over 10 years in NSW, Queensland and Victoria and are continuing to grow their team as their pipeline continues to grow across the fit-out and refurbishment space. With an impressive portfolio consisting of education, high-rise apartment buildings and commercial structures, they currently require an experienced foreman to join their award winning team in Sydney.
Collaborating closely with the Site Manager, Construction Manager, and General Foreman, you will take responsibility for planning, organising, coordinating, and supervising the operational activities within your assigned area, ensuring the project meets its objectives.
Supervision and Management:
- Oversee site staff and subcontractors
- Ensure timely completion of tasks and maintain project schedules
- Foster a team-oriented work environment
Planning and Coordination:
- Forecast resource and work requirements up to two weeks in advance
- Organize all tasks in a cost-effective manner
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure seamless project execution
Communication and Meetings:
- Participate in daily pre-start meetings and weekly toolbox discussions
- Maintain open lines of communication with team members and stakeholders
- Address concerns and provide updates on project progress
Safety and Compliance:
- Ensure adherence to Work Health and Safety protocols
- Monitor site activities to identify and mitigate potential hazards
- Maintain a safe and compliant work environment
- Deliver a compliant and high-quality project
- Regularly inspect workmanship to uphold company standards
- Implement corrective actions when necessary
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Foreman (or similar role) with a focus on Fit out and refurbishment projects.
- Proven track record in high-rise residential building and construction projects
- Possess a valid Construction White Card
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead subcontractors
- Strong communication skills
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Foreman to contribute their expertise to a reputable and growing national tier 2 construction company that is in a incredibly secure and healthy position.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and are eager to take on this challenging yet rewarding role, we encourage you to apply.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world.
We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Trent Merrotsy is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane