About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Finance Business Partner - Corporate Services
On behalf of our client, a World Leader within the Oil & Gas / Energy sector, Brunel is presently seeking a Professional Finance Business Partner – Corporate Services for a 12 month contract located in the Perth CBD. This role provides internal reporting oversight with a focus on actual and budgeted costs and provides forecasting and reporting.
- Coordinate preparation of budget/forecast for assigned Departments for inclusion in the relevant Work Program and Budget documents which are submitted for approval by Company Board and JV participants
- Monitor financial aspects within the contracting process for relevant Departments
- Management reporting with the support of the offshore Management Accounting team
- Maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency of enterprise reporting suite to meet internal Managers’ requirements (SAP-BW, Power BI and ECC6)
- Collaborate and support company Internal Audit Teams (including J-SOX)
- Participate in and coordinate non-Operator audits as required
- Follow-up all action items with the support of the offshore Management Accounting Team
- Support Tax team in preparation and analysis of financial data
- Skilled in FI-CO, PS and CATS to power user capacity to assist with Management Accounting Team training and user support
- Support review and approval of Master Data – secondary cost elements and cost centre hierarchies
- Support establishment of reporting templates – PS, CO, Business Warehouse with the support of the Offshore Management Accounting Team
- Provide inputs and recommendations on the Continuous Improvement Ideas Register prepared and monitored by the Offshore Team
- Ensure the successful set-up, transition and improvement of activities within the Offshore Teams
- Provide team feedback regularly, with performance reviews half yearly for onshore and performance feedback for offshore resources
- Coach other Finance and/or Offshore Team members as required
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting
- CA/CPA/CIMA or similar international recognition
- Post-graduate qualification in relevant discipline - not essential
- Experience with an Oil & Gas Exploration and Production major, with international exposure – desirable
- Experience with SAP – demonstrably capable – FI/CO PS module with some knowledge of MM, BW and other module
- Ability to work autonomously and plan activities to meet tight timeframes and execute to targets while dealing with competing demands
- Troubleshoot to identify root cause of issues, position for Finance outcomes to be met, while working collaboratively on solutions
- Ability to identify when business activities impact on Finance needs and seeks guidance to deliver win/win outcomes.
- Ability to discuss technical matters in an articulate manner
- Confident communication skills with an ability to build relationships – especially with non-Finance team members
- 12-month contract opportunity
- Opportunity knocks to work with this World Leader in the Oil & Gas / Energy Sector
- Excellent negotiable hourly rate!
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth