Vacancy number • PUB406164
Brunel is currently recruiting experienced Field Technicians for contract roles with a leading Iron Ore producer in Australia. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the top mining companies in the country and enjoy competitive rates of pay along with an excellent site culture.
About this role
This position reports to the Field Supervisor. Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving safety performance by conducting or assisting in quality Field Leadership and material risk verification exercises.
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the Company Charter, Company Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Ensure logistics of approved Geoscience work programs are completed safely to required standards
- Delineation and signage of infrastructure including tracks, laydowns, and water sources
- Flagging or pegging of heritage, environmental and program requirements
- Creation or setup of water access, laydown, caravan, generators, fuel tanks or other mobile facilities
- Undertake project closeout activities including collar cutting, collection of signage, removal of waste materials
- Maintain the relevant core yard facilities and waste management
- Assisting in surveys (including heritage / environmental)
- Field approving and entering Earthworks and drilling plods
- Support Field Supervisor in managing equipment service & maintenance and Daily workplace inspections
- Escorting duties when required
- Maintaining asbestos kits
- Managing Blast clearances
- Undertake all sampling related to Geoscience operations, including the recording of information into electronic systems, sample collection, sample/core pickup and dispatch
- Photography of core or as requested by Field Supervisor
- Complete QAQC checks in the field
To be eligible for the role you will need:
- Previous Field Technician experience – Essential
- Manual C Class Driver’s License - Essential
- First Aid Certificate
- 4wd Training - Desirable
- A good level of fitness
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia, based in the the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- FIFO from Perth
- 8/6 roster, day shifts only
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Temp-Perm opportunity based on performance
- Brunel Benefits – referral program, salary packaging including options for flights ex east coast, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits + more
- Leading market rates
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rebecca Daglan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406164