Field Service Technician - Lethbridge
Vacancy number • PUB406495
We are currently hiring a Field Service Technician for our client. The Field Service Technician acts as the face of the company while ensuring top-notch service for customers. In this field-based, Customer-facing role, you will travel to hospitals, laboratories, surgical facilities, and other customer locations to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, washer/disinfectors, surgical equipment such as tables & lights, and other products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks.
About this role
- Drive customer satisfaction through proactive communication and commitment to resolving customer’s issues/problems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, performing installations as required, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions, and the sales organization.
- Promote company growth through identifying sales opportunities and recommending products/services to Customers.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with Customers providing informative status updates.
- Be a positive ambassador for the company at Customer sites.
- This position may be elevated to a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by the company.
- High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel locally as required.
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with navigating a computer and exposure to Microsoft Office programs.
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include visibility to emergency trauma.
- Physical working requirements include: Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cristiano Forezli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406495