Field Service Subsea Technician (TSP)
Vacancy number • PUB406395
Our client, a prominent global oil and gas service provider, is currently seeking a Field Service Subsea Technician - Technical Service Personnel (TSP) based at the offshore locations of Broome/Darwin.
About this role
- Install, test and repair new and reworked products (equipment, Tools) Handles Customer comments, requests and complaints
- Provides sales support ensuring the customer is fully informed of all aspects of the job Completes Field Service Orders (FSO) and Field Spare Parts Tickets (FSPT) and accountable for the timely submission of these and other revenue-generating documents
- Establish and maintain communication with a Customer representative on issues related to his/her perimeter (job installation/testing procedures, equipment tooling and spare parts requirements, equipment and tooling function fit and critical technical data)
- Assures all quality issues and documentation (equipment and procedural defects) is communicated and sent back to the Company’s Service Management
- Completes field documentation after the completion of each service job
- Provides project support as required for all new projects which include assisting with project Factory Acceptance tests and System integration Testing
- Prepares and complete safety-related documentation. Pursues safe work practices
- May mentor or Instruct less experienced team members and/or Customers in and out of the Field
- High School Diploma or equivalent technical diploma
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following fields; subsea electrical equipment, hydraulics equipment, mechanical equipment and tools, structural steel
- Experience in Subsea services operations. SIT, SRT, Preparation of Subsea trees, Tubing hangers, running tools, bore protectors, wellhead drilling tooling. logistics, warehouse and workshop support.
- Hangers, Chsart's, BOP test tools, weight set test tools, wear bushings, bore protectors, IWOCS etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience or equivalent in field service technician role
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Ability to perform moderate to complex mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of applicable theories, practices and accepted internal business processes and procedures
Contract duration : 12months with chances of extension.
Location : Offshore - Broome/Darwin
Roster : 28days on & 12 Days Off rotation
Join our client for a distinctive experience in a dynamic work environment!
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406395