About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Field Completions Engineer
On behalf of Chevron, a global leader integrated energy company, we are looking for a Field Completion Engineer / Well Service Supervisor to join their Perthbased Wells team, to support planning and execution of drilling, completion and well intervention/well servicing
operations onshore on Barrow Island, Western Australia.
The role will involve office planning, workshop supervision and wellsite supervision and will report to the Engineering Team Lead and Wells Superintendent, depending on project phasing.
The individual will be responsible for representing Chevron at various Business Partner and field location work sites and will play a key role in maintaining a safe work environment and delivering a successful drilling and completion work program.
The role entails both office-based work on full time basis and equal time field rotation.
- As a Chevron representative, promote and implement Chevron health, safety and environment programs inline with corporate policies and initiatives.
- Providing key input to risk assessments, work programs and operational planning
- Attending Business Partner workshop facilities to verify equipment preparation, assembly make up & testing,and third party inspection
- Support Materials and Logistics to coordinate equipment mobilisation and demobilisation, including accurate material tracking
- Supervise completion installation, well intervention and well servicing activities at the wellsite, including rigbased and rig-less activities
- Submit daily completion reports to the Drillsite/Wellsite Representative and/or Wells Superintendent
Competency & Experience
- The well construction program includes drilling , completion, well intervention and well servicing. Competency andexperience in all of the following areas is preferred:
- Sand control lower completions (stand-alone screens and gravel pack
- Artificial lift ESP upper completions
- Suspension plugs and flow control equipment
- Well Intervention (slickline, coiled tubing, nitrogen pumping)
- Well servicing & well clean up (well flowback, filtration, fluids management, fluid pumping)
- Current Australian citizenship or appropriate visa to work in Australia
- Entensive oil and gas experience
- Wellsite supervisory experience on both rig based and rigless operations (onshore experience is preferred)
- Well control certification (Supervisor level, IWCF or IADC)
- Wellsite PTW certification (Work Authority level)
- Basic Microsoft competency (ie. Word, Excel)
- Wellview reporting software experience (preferred)
- Excellent rates
- Perth based and transitioning to Barrow Island on Q3 2024
- Flexible work arrangments
- 12 month contract (initially) with potential extension to June 2025
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth