About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Secondary School
About this role: Facilities and Document Technician
We are currently hiring a Facilities and Document Technician for our energy client. The Facilities and Document technician will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure the cost effective and timely execution of project work. This is a 12-month contract opportunity.
- Provide support on engineering administrative activities, maintain documents, records, forms and reports, prepare and process applications / submission documents, prepare information packages / attachments, and coordinate authorizations as required.
- Provide administrative support for facility projects.
- Assemble weekly reports including cost, schedule, engineering management of change (EMOC) and HSSE.
- Assist with Daily cost control on all projects including AFE setup up, code verification, invoicing, material transfers, AMS payments and reconciling costs.
- Ensure facility and inspector safety compliance is met, upload all tickets, set up new employees / inspectors, assist with safety stand downs and entering third party UA/UCs.
- Maintain facility project documentation and electronic / paper files.
- Liaise with third party engineering companies as required to ensure required information is provided for project close outs and as-builts.
- Provide training and support to field staff on project reporting applications, equipment, and materials procurement processes and activities.
- Provide support in the preparation of AFEs and cost estimates, maintain database of information, ensuring approvals are in place, preparing cost and trend analyses and monthly accrual/variance statements, as required.
- High School Diploma, Post-Secondary Diploma preferred
- 2 to 10 years prior relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Open Invoice, Aucerna Execute, Maximo, Generwell, SiteView, Bluebeam, and eDocs an asset.
- Previous Open Ticket and SAP experience an asset.
- Previous financial or supply chain experience is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with an ability to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to manage a high-volume workload, multi-task, and efficiently respond to changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto