About this job
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Environmental Specialist
On behalf of our client, a world leading integrated energy company, we are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Specialist to join our Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) team.
Based on Barrow Island, the successful candidate will work on a fly-in-fly-out roster of 2:2.The Environmental Specialist will be responsible for providing environmental leadership and support to the Jansz-Io Compression (J-IC) Project Construction Team and contractors performing work on Barrow Island. The role will ensure that execution activities are completed in accordance with environmental regulatory approvals and J-IC Environmental Impact Mitigation Strategies.
- Providing environmental leadership and support to the J-IC Project Construction Team and contractors
- Ensuring execution activities are completed in accordance with environmental regulatory approvals and J-IC Environmental Impact Mitigation Strategies
- Leading HSE audits, inspections, and field assurance verifications to ensure contractor compliance with HSE management systemsAdhering to environmental management plans (EMPs) and other environmental plans and compliance requirements
- Managing Quarantine Management Systems and promoting environmental awareness
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with contractors/business partners and internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrating commitment to achieving an incident and injury-free environment
- Relevant environmental tertiary qualification
- 10 years’ experience in resource industry environmental management
- Experience working in the execution phase of a major capital project (MCP)
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to engage with all levels of the business in a professional and courteous manner
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- 2 weeks on; 2 weeks off FIFO roster
- Barrow Island
- Competitive rate
- Long term contract (20 months)
- Wok with a leading Oil & Gas Operator
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth