About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Environment Advisor
Seeking an Environment Advisor to assist a global energy company in managing its Projects in Queensland!
As the Environment Advisor for Projects, you will be integrating environment into the Projects Team via strong stakeholder relationships and intimate understanding of management system. You’ll thrive on providing challenge, fit-for-purpose solutions, insights and learnings, simplifying ways of working, and directly supporting Projects and Environment goals.
- Implement environment mitigations and HSSE improvement plan initiatives via the ISO14001 approved management system including completing associated CAWKI (regulatory condition compliance) and field assurance components.
- Provide technical environmental advice and monitoring as the environmental focal point for the Projects business unit including the coordination of environmental field audits, incident response, management of environmental and regulatory issues and implementing appropriate business aligned solutions.
- Drive engagement and promote environment culture to a wide range of internal stakeholders, facilitating learning within the projects team, and working collaboratively to share best practices and address common issues.
- A Degree(s) or equivalent in a relevant science or environmental science discipline, or environmental management, or environmental engineering.
- General knowledge of Queensland environment legislation and standards.
- Exposure to working with external stakeholders and familiarity with relationship & liaison skills.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills and a willingness to proactively connect stakeholders across the business.
- The courage to share views, insights, uncomfortable truths whilst accepting and supporting decisions made.
- Relentless drive for simplification and improvement.
- 12 Months
- Chinchilla based role - travel from SE QLD provided for FIFO
- 15 days on 13 days off roster
- $750/day Incl Super
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane