Vacancy number • PUB406605
Brunel has an exciting job opportunity for an Engineering Manager for our client’s mine site located in South Texas.
About this role
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the engineering, geology, and surveying departments on an active mine site. This is a hands-on, leader position. This position is responsible for short-and long-range planning, assisting with budgets, AOP, cost saving studies, directs capital equipment expenditure programs, and directs the Engineering Department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SurvCadd, Excel, GPS, Vulcan, AutoCAD, etc.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principals
- Detailed oriented – numerous projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility – plans and priorities change quickly.
- Trustworthy – work on projects that are not for public knowledge, confidential employee issues.
- Leadership – direct multiple individuals directly reporting to the engineering manager.
- Training – Develop others as needed in that the department is cross-trained by job function and receives technical training, as required.
- Approachable – ensure employees feel comfortable bringing ideas to this position.
- Ability to manage both up and down the organization.
- Develop positive relationships with the client.
Education and Training:
- Engineering degree in Mining, Civil, Geology or related field.
- Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ mining experience, preferably in coal employing dragline operations.
- A Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship.
401K matching, benefits, company truck and relocation assistance if required.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406605