About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Engineering Lead
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Lead to oversee capital projects at with one of Brunel's highly esteemed clients. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality engineering outcomes for major projects, ranging from $10million to over $100million, within the Alumina Refining Capital Program.
- Define and deliver engineering design deliverables for allocated projects, ensuring fitness for purpose
- Manage engineering design deliverables through third parties, ensuring quality and adherence to standards
- Maximise value from Engineering Service Providers (ESPs) through proactive monitoring and reduction of variations
- Look for cost-reduction opportunities to enhance business value
- Demonstrate the clients values in all actions
- Coordinate design plans and engineering deliverables for each project phase.
- Ensure alignment of engineering plans with procurement and construction methodologies.
- Manage the design change process and approve changes to project scope.
- Contribute to safe, cost-effective, and technically sound designs.
- Apply best technology and standards for equipment and systems.
- Assist in the development of construction methodologies and quality plans.
- Monitor construction-initiated design changes and ensure proper documentation.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil, Structural, Electrical, or Mechanical) Degree
- Project management and/or contract/commercial management exposure or certifications are favorable
- 10+ years of engineering or technical experience
- 5+ years of Engineering Design and Design management experience
- Experience in alumina, mineral processing, or heavy industry
- Super paid on all hours worked
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keisha Hunter is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth