Electrical Principal Process Safety and Risk
Vacancy number • PUB406480
Brunel is an industry leader when it comes to delivering successful results for our client base across the Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining, Power and Oil & Gas industries.
Our client is a leading Tier One Miner. They are now seeking a Process Engineer to join their team based in Perth. The company is offering an attractive salary package and long-term career progression.
About this role
- Detailed process safety and risk assessments within the facility.
- Identifying engineering controls and enhancements post incidents, hazard reports, and risk evaluations, with a specific focus on electrical process safety.
- Planning and participating in various process safety risk assessment studies, including HAZID, HAZOP, and SIL Allocation, and ensuring diligent tracking of associated actions to closure.
- Crafting and implementing safety strategies for process, infrastructure, and equipment, considering construction methodologies, operational parameters, and maintenance philosophies.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to provide crucial input into the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Process Safety Management System.
- Driving process safety risk assessment studies and ensuring comprehensive follow-through on action items.
- Compiling comprehensive safety in design reports summarizing the overall ALARP demonstration, with a specific emphasis on electrical engineering aspects.
- Contributing to the development of standards, procedures, guidelines, and training materials for the effective implementation of the Process Safety Management System, with a focus on electrical safety.
- Management of team and contractors
- Complying with Health & Safety statutory and system requirements
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with a specialisation in electrical engineering.
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS, risk management, process engineering, process safety management
- Profound knowledge of Australian and relevant international codes, standards, and statutory requirements.
- Experience in ore processing or a related industry, with a proven track record in electrical process safety.
- Proven expertise in safety in electrical design engineering
This company offers an attractive salary package, plus mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.
Please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then click the ‘apply’ button now and please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Garcia is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406480