About this job
- Industry: Energy Power Plants
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Saint-Laurent
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Electrical Engineer
Our client is searching for an Electrical Engineer to join their growing team. Our client is a French-based utility company which operates largely in the water and waste management sectors.
As an electrical engineer, you are accountable for all electrical aspects of engineering necessary to deliver custom Ozone water treatment systems to industrial or municipal customers. You will work and collaborate with a dedicated team of engineers and designers from North America to ensure on time and on budget execution of the electrical engineering tasks on the project.
As an electrical engineer, you represent the engineering organization in working with the Lead Engineers, Automation Engineers, and Project Managers to manage and steer the project toward successful completion throughout all phases of the project including engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation, and commissioning/startup; while complying to company standards, project requirements, and applicable codes.
- Support Lead Engineers and Project Managers in discussions with customers to resolvetechnical issues and provide input for change requests as needed.
- Responsible for change management and revision control for the project includingcommunication of customer changes to the appropriate team disciplines and ensure suchchanges are considered throughout each stage of design, approval, and construction.
- Review project specifications and incorporate requirements into tthe clients design andequipment procurement specifications.
- Perform design and develop documents including Single Line Diagrams, I/O Lists,Electrical Schematics, Loop diagrams, Logic diagrams, Panel Layout Diagrams, LoopDiagrams, DCS and PLC Design, Instrument Location, and Installation Design.
- Develop panel layouts as well as the control system architecture for PLC and HMIsystems and select appropriate hardware. Develop the Bill of Materials for procurementand fabrication.
- Develop the I&C portion of P&ID’s. Attend P&ID review and HAZOP meetings with internalteams and customers.
- Understand and assess project specific area classification requirements and apply correctsolution.
- Support project execution through review of the control documents, engineering drawings,and manuals for projects. Support plant commissioning and performance testing.
- Document lesson learned from issues during commissioning and provide feedback toElectrical and Instrumentation Engineering team and Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent from an accredited University or College
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Canada or the USA in the design of industrial control panels meeting UL508A or CSA 22.1 standards.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Experience with the development of P&IDs, selecting suitable panel components (I/O modules, processors, networking components, enclosures, etc.), developing I/O lists,
- Control Panel Schematics and Loop Diagrams to meet project specifications and
- requirements as well as code compliance.
- Excellent communication skills with direct experience dealing with external customers,
- internal teams (project management, other engineering functions) and production/external
- Experience collaborating and coaching drafters/designers to achieve appropriate designs.
- Drafting skills and experience a plus.
- Professional engineer (ing. / P.Eng) in Quebec or Professional engineer (P.Eng) in a
- Canadian province with an engineer permit.
- Able to travel to the U.S. and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Experience in the selection and design of instrumentation and valves and associated lists and datasheets.
- Direct, proven experience as a lead electrical engineer on multiple projects in the process industry who was responsible for making design decisions with respect to electrical engineering matters, maintaining, and tracking project schedule relating to electrical engineering tasks.
- Experience working in Water/Wastewater (industrial or municipal), EPC Projects or similar applicable process industries.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
- Knowledge of automation platforms (Schneider, Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, etc.)
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto