About this job
- Industry: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Research & Development
- Location: United States
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Electrical Engineer Product Development
We’re hiring an Electrical Engineer for our client, an international medical devices company. Our client develops innovative medical devices designed to increase the quality of life for patients suffering some respiratory illnesses.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for design and ongoing support of electrical systems, including circuit board design, layout, testing, development, and troubleshooting. This position is
intended to provide support to Product and Technology Development Projects, with an emphasis on design improvements for increased reliability, manufacturability, and performance. Electrical design tasks undertaken shall be completed within project schedule requirements and according to operating procedures.
- Lead development efforts for selected Electrical Engineering projects from concept through prototyping and production release
- Work with software engineer and functional engineers to ensure hardware / software functionality
- Determine and execute design improvement opportunities for increased reliability, manufacturability and performance design, implementation, and testing of electronics for products.
- Troubleshoot electronic systems, identify root causes, and develop corrective actions.
- Provide ongoing engineering and technical support to manufacturing as needed for circuit board related issues or tasks.
- Support training activities for other Inogen engineers and production member
- Manage projects of varying size and complexity from concept to production per internal procedures and regulatory standards for new products.
- Manage design changes at the system level.
- Contribute to product and technology innovations.
- Coordinate and work cross functionally to achieve companywide objectives.
- Lead development efforts for product level Electrical Engineering projects including selection of critical components like microprocessors, wireless chips, and power path architectures.
- Work with software engineer and functional engineers to develop hardware / software interfaces
- Select, implement, and maintain appropriate design tools for execution of electronics designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline, required.
- MS Engineering or PhD, preferrable.
- 8+ years’ experience in electrical design and production with Printed Circuit Board (PCB)/ Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA) required
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Kapusta is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary