About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: East Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 4500
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Electrical Engineer (Power System)
On behalf of our esteemed client, one of the world's leading producers of iron ore, we are actively seeking a highly skilled Electrical Engineer (Power System) based in Perth.
Electrical Engineer is responsible for working across various packages on the Pilbara Energy Connect and ensure that power system modelling works are delivered to scope, optimum performance, schedule and cost. You will need to work with other teams to deliver required power system outputs to the requirements of all stakeholders. The Electrical Engineer will develop, tune, validate and verify models in Dig SILENT and PSCAD as well as prepare appropriate reports to document the studies.
- Performing detailed power system analysis of generation, transmission and distribution networks
- Specifying and providing technical input to selection of electrical equipment and schemes
- Establishment and continued updating of technical documents
- Integration of vendor models and field data into a fully functional system model
- Design and documentation for power system modelling
- Validation of power system models
- Power system modelling experience (preferred)
- Experience in the use of DigSILENT (preferred)
- Experience required 4 to 5 years
- Electrical Engineering Qualification
- Good understanding of power system fundamentals (Mandatory)
- Strong scripting and coding skills (preferred)
- Team oriented and highly self-motivated.
- Flexibility in working on multiple tasks and managing the workload, demonstrating well developed time management skills
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Professional growth and development within a globally recognized organization.
- A supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Contract duration : 9months
- Location : Perth
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth