About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: E & I Superintendent Offplot
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Provide Company representation in monitoring and coordinating the site activities of EPCContractor, vendor and its sub-contractors for all electrical installations with a specific focuson HV activities. Report on the construction activities, progress, areas of concern andmitigating actions. Prepare for and participate in construction related meetings.
- Monitor and assist the EPC Contractor, vendor, and sub-contractors in the implementation of site specific SHE program, emergency response and evacuation drill programs. Participate in incident /accident investigation and prevention of recurrence. Promotes safety awareness and safe performance among project team members, including consultants and contractorpersonnel.
- Coordinate EPC Contractor, vendor’s work activities, and interface coordination with theactivities of Third Parties. Review of method statements, JSAs and other documents to ensure safe and proper construction and PMC by EPC Contractor. Ensure construction work carried out in accordance with Company rules, regulations, standards as applicable.
- Coordinate and monitor sequence of Completion of plant Process, Utilities associatedElectrical Substations, grid tie ins and Distribution systems, including issuance of SiteAcceptance to various system and subsystems with in the project by identifying zoneclassifications and Explosion proof requirements.
- Monitoring Site acceptance tests, including commissioning activities of Substation electricalSystem and Equipment’s such as Switch gears, Transformers, SMDBs etc and all substationutilities and protection systems.
- Review and monitoring of acceptance test commissioning of all types of field electrical andmechanical equipment.
- Coordination from Company side of all tie-in activities with existing facilities to ensure proper job planning and execution with minimal interference with ongoing operations.
- Reports progress, performance, initiatives, issues, and challenges to electrical divisionmanager. Provides input to and review development of contractor’s detailed plans tocomplete the work.
- Familiar with RLIC eCPW permit systems, and COMPANY ePTW systems as applicable.
- Monitor and support the Project Tie-In List, Interface Register and Project Issues database and assist in stewarding action plans to closure. Ensure cross-functional follow-up on action items developed during interface and tie-in meetings.
- Review work and inspection results to ensure compliance with EPC Contract requirements.Interface and coordinate with Project Field Engineering and QC Sections. Monitor and ensure the correction of non-conformance report items and other issues supporting QA/QCcompliance. Monitor site material handling and preservation to facilitate constructionprogress and quality of materials.
- Review the construction sequence/logic, work plan/procedures, pre-task planning and methods statement to ensure effective work execution and safety.
- Report and record potential change order request to assist in claims avoidance.
- Bachelor of Engineering/Science in Electrical Engineering
- Valid COMPEX certification
- Must hold or have held a AEP or SAEP authorization
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience in the implementation of Safe Systems of Work related to operating companies
- Electrical Safety Rules and Isolation Procedures
- Minimum of (15) years broad experience in all phases of construction planning, field execution and mechanical completion activities for electrical installations.
- Minimum of (10) years experience in the installation, commissioning and Operation of High Voltage Equipment
- Strong understanding of high voltage power networks
- Worldwide experience working with contractors and subcontractors, in particular those involved in the construction of Onshore oil, gas, chemical and/or petrochemical plant facilities.
- Middle East (preferably Qatar) 5 years working experience is preferred
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarfraz Mohammad is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai