Vacancy number • PUB405945
Brunel is seeking experienced Blast Hole Drillers to work across multiple sites in the Pilbara region. We can offer a 2:1 roster with the possibility of permanency in the future. Your role will ensure safe and efficient production and allow you to work with a values-driven organisational and collaborative high-performing team. This is your opportunity to join a team at one of the leading iron ore producers in Australia.
About this role
- Operate blast hole drilling machinery, including rotary drills and down-the-hole drills.
- Ensure safe drilling operations by following strict safety protocols.
- Survey and mark drilling locations based on project specifications.
- Drill holes to specified depths and diameters according to geological conditions.
- Collect rock samples for analysis and maintain accurate drilling records.
- Perform routine maintenance on drilling equipment and troubleshoot mechanical issues.
- Communicate effectively with team members and report drilling progress.
- Adhere to environmental regulations during drilling operations.
- Stay informed about new drilling technologies and participate in training programs.
- Contribute to the success of mining and construction projects by providing accurate and efficient drilling services.
Skills and experience
- 2+ years of down-the-hole (DTH) drilling experience – downhill hammer experience is a must have for this role
- Experience with one of the following: D65, Cubix, Leopard DI650i, Pantera DP1100i, or equivalent drilling equipment.
- Current National Police Clearance
- Valid Australian driver's license.
- Cert III in Drilling (Desirable)
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work, and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- 2:1 roster for work-life balance.
- Temporary to Permanent employment opportunities.
- FIFO options from Perth or Busselton
- Brunel Benefits – flexible payroll options, salary packaging, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits plus more
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which specialises in connecting highly skilled workers with projects and organisations throughout Australasia and around the world. Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rebecca Daglan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB405945