About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Vancouver
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Document Controller
Remote or Vancouver, BC
Our client, a well-known Mining operator on a global scale, is seeking a Document Controller to support their project team. Reporting to the Project Document Control Manager and Engineering Director, the Document Control Specialist will manage all project documentation. The successful candidate will provide complex and diversified document control support for various projects.
This position can be located in Vancouver or worked remotely with occasional head office or site visits as needed.
- Coordinate all Project documentation, ensuring the maintenance of files represents accurate and up to date information
- Manage technical documentation and assist in establishing and implementing publishing standards compliance.
- Ensure system templates are effectively deployed on the Project. Oversee receipt and distribution of documents received by transmittal from the EPC Contractor’s Document Control for correctness and completeness ensuring alignment with System templates, metadata and Document Distribution Matrix (DDM).
- Conduct distribution via Company Document Management System to appropriate personnel to action as required in accordance with Project Management Team requirements and ensure timely follow up on open and overdue document reviews in accordance with project management requirements.
- Support the project management team in all matters related to technical documentation and correspondence ensuring alignment and understanding on information management requirements to meet Company’s expectations at final handover and project close-out.
- Confer with document originators or appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies with documents
- Support the Project Information Handover process for Projects ensuring data and documentation is available to all relevant parties within agreed parameters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business Administration or related field with Three (3) years of related experience in Document Control, OR
- High school diploma and Five (5) years of related experience in Document Control.
- Must have experience producing user manual, requirements documentation and test documentation.
- Strong (oral and written) communication and documentation skills.
- Must have experience with document control software, preferably Aconex
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with general office equipment such as a personal computer and keyboard, and photocopier.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions, skilled in following safety standards.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jen Folkes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto