About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: REMOTE
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Document Control Specialist
Brunel is currently searching for a Document Control Specialist with our client who is a global, leading MINING company.
This is a long-term, contract position located working remotely with occasional business trips to Engineering offices or various project sites (mainly Phoenix, Arizona).
- Coordinate all Project documentation, ensuring the maintenance of files represents accurate and up to date information.
- Manage technical documentation and assist in establishing and implementing publishing standards compliance.
- Ensure system templates are effectively deployed on the Project. Oversee receipt and distribution of documents received by transmittal from the EPC Contractor’s Document Control for correctness and completeness ensuring alignment with System templates, metadata and Document Distribution Matrix (DDM).
- Conduct distribution via Company Document Management System to appropriate personnel to action as required in accordance with Project Management Team requirements and ensure timely follow up on open and overdue document reviews in accordance with project management requirements.
- Support the project management team in all matters related to technical documentation and correspondence ensuring alignment and understanding on information management requirements to meet Company’s expectations at final handover and project close-out.
- Confer with document originators or appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies with documents
- Support the Project Information Handover process for Projects ensuring data and documentation is available to all relevant parties within agreed parameters.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business Administration or related field with Three (3) years of related experience in Document Control, OR
- High school diploma and Five (5) years of related experience in Document Control.
- Must have experience producing user manual, requirements documentation and test documentation.
- Strong (oral and written) communication and documentation skills.
- Must have experience with document control software, preferably Aconex
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with general office equipment such as a personal computer and keyboard, and photocopier.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions, skilled in following safety standards.
- Hourly rate - $36/hour - $44/hour based on experience
- Position is working remotely with occasional business trip to U.S. based project sites
- You will be eligible for benefits starting on your first day of employment. Benefits include medical, dental and vision, as well as 401K match
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a global leader in the mining & metals industry.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Madison Ringlein is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston