Cost Estimating Lead
Vacancy number • PUB406612
- The Lead Cost Estimator coordinates with the Project Team & Contractors for the development of all Classified and Unclassified Cost Estimates and Estimate Confidence Packages.
- Monitors the Contractor’s performance in the area of cost estimating and control and provides advice as necessary to make certain the Company’s objectives are achieved.
About this role
- Prepares classified / unclassified estimates during EPC phase
- Understands WBS process for developing the Estimation Cost Breakdown Structure.
- Review the change proposals from the contractors and develops internal cost estimates for changes
- Develop measures and reporting system aligned with bench marking to achieve pacesetter levels
- Can develop take-offs from Civil, Structural, Piping ,Electrical Single Line and Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID’s) applies appropriate rates to prepare cost estimates
- Subject Matter Expert on Cost Estimating. Assists Project Teams with the implementation and stewardship of Project Controls Documents and Systems
- Coordinates with Project Team for the development of all Classified and Unclassified Cost and Schedule Estimates together with Estimate Confidence Packages.
- Capable of prioritizing workload while handling multiple-estimating tasks simultaneously.
- Participates in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project.
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Conducts briefing sessions for project team members with respect to cost estimating and control requirements and processes.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business degree related subject or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in business management including project controls, cost and schedule development, tender preparation and contract management and 3 years supervising multi discipline and multi-cultural teams and as Lead of cost estimating for mega projects.
- Intermediate level understanding of Power BI
- Good presentation skills and well versed with cost estimating tools.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 April 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406612