About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Centre
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Cost Control Management Service
Our client, a high-profile global organization within the Energy Sector, has an exciting contract opportunity for a highly skilled Cost Control Manager within one of their Project Teams.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Location: Paris, France
- The project management and central controls teams will be based in Paris and the package teams will primarily be based in engineering and site locations in Houston, Milan and Mozambique (Maputo & A fungi) during this phase. Subject to missions to Project locations as necessary;
- The overall perimeter budget is 18 billion dollars;
- Review, monitor and analyze committed, expended, earned values, and forecasted costs against approved budget and approved changes;
- Coordinate with Team Leads to review data to ensure commitments, schedule requirements, and risk items are accurately represented in the project forecast;
- To prepare / coordinate / consolidate and review the various Project budgets and updates (internal and external / Annual and Multiyear) with inputs from the members of the Project Team, and provide “ad hoc” economics support as required;
- Prepare cost reports; ensure variances, incurred, committed, budgets, and forecasted costs are properly explained and communicated to the project team;
- Track use of contingency, management reserve, and approved changes to project budget.
- Minimum Education: Engineer/Bachelor degree in Business management or similar;
- Minimum Experience: 10+ years of experience in major oil and gas project cost control;
- Major Oil and Gas project developments knowledge and experience, with Partner and Government reporting interfaces;
- Excellent organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines;
- Requires team spirit with ability to work closely with various stakeholders ( international teams, vendors & subcontractors, affiliates, HQ, etc.);
- Strong communication and proficient presentation skills;
- Knowledgeable and experienced with cost engineering principles and methods including budgeting and forecasting, change management, management systems/procedures, Cost and Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems and contingency management;
- Budget and Cost Control tools: SAP (UNISOL), U-Cost, Excel, Power BI, Knowledge of Total rules/procedures;
- Fluent English required. Portuguese language skills will assist performance.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ben Callander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester