About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: East Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
About this role: Contracts Specialist
Are you a Contracts Specialist with a passion for the mining, oil and gas, and infrastructure sectors? We have an exciting opportunity based in Perth for a skilled professional to join our team. If you're ready to take on a challenging role that allows you to excel in contract management, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Contracts Specialist with a preferred degree in construction management, quantity surveying, engineering, or a related field. The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years of experience in mining, oil and gas, or infrastructure projects. Proficiency in Excel and Word is essential, and previous experience with PIMS is advantageous but not mandatory. Collaboration is key in our team, so the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse group is crucial.
- Tender, negotiate, award, and administer multiple contracts for Non Process Infrastructure (NPI) works, including bulk earthworks, civil works, and large D&C camp contracts.
- Act as the primary point of contact for NPI engineering/site teams regarding commercial and contract-related inquiries.
- Review, assess, and recommend approval for contractor claims.
- Collaborate with the project controls team to assess and approve progress payment claims.
- Work alongside the planning team to assess EOT (Extension of Time) claims.
- Assist in drafting and issuing progress reports.
- Degree qualified in construction management, quantity surveying, engineering, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of experience in mining, oil and gas, or infrastructure projects is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Previous experience with PIMS is desirable.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- You must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
- One year contract
- Opportunity to work with a business that is a leader in its field
- Super paid on all hours worked
- Supportive workplace culture that values your growth and success
- Personalised guidance throughout the recruitment process
- Salary sacrificing, Novated Leasing, EAP, Hotel/Gym/Insurance discount
If you are interested in this role please do forward me a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As this role is based in Australia we will not be able to consider applications from candidates who have full and current right to work in Australia. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michael Shirley is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth