About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Contract Specialist
- Provide contracts engineering support to Pipelines FEED Project team.
- Provide contractual strategy advice to the NFS Pipelines Project Management Team on all contracts related matters.
- Responsible for daily management of Pipelines FEED contract
- Responsible for the preparation of the EPCI ITTs, review of tender documents, negotiation with prospective tenderers and all related pre-award activities, in close cooperation with Supply Department.
- Responsible for all post-award activities not limited to preparation of formal correspondences (i.e., letters), change orders, variations, claims, insurance & guarantees administration, etc.
- Project focal point for all contractual related communications with Supply Department & Legal Department and day-to-day contract administration activities.
FEED Contract administration
- Administer the NFS Pipelines FEED contract to ensure that contract administration contributes to meeting the FEED objectives and strategies. Coordinate with the FEED contractor to ensure that the work is delivered in full compliance with the contractual obligations.
- Administers all contract management processes for the assigned FEED package and provide contracting support across the FEED project team including the preparation of all letters, the review of all change order requests, the early identification of all potential contract variations and the contract administration for variations related to the contracts.
- Ensure commercial and contractual correspondence with the FEED contractor are efficiently handled.
- Participate in the change management process and together with the FEED team ensure minimum changes at best possible cost and conditions.
- Actively liaise with FEED team members to ensure commitments and milestones are achieved and liaise with contractor to expedite progress mindful of the remedies offered under the FEED contract.
- Under the direction of the Head of Contracts, and in coordination with the Business lead, actively liase with Supply and legal departments for the administration of issues related to damages, claims, disputes, etc.
- Ensure deliverables to contract documents are delivered in a timely matter.
- Ensure that contract processes are being carried out in the most efficient manner in line with the approved procedures.
Long Lead items Procurement & Contracts administration:
- Participate in the procurement of all Long Lead Items, in coordination with the supply and Legal department.
- Ensure the day to day contracts administration of all long lead items package until their effective novation to the EPCI Contractor.
ITT preparation and follow up until EPCI Contract award:
- Support development of multiple Cost / Schedule driven Contracting Scenarios for Input into the contracting strategy workshops.
- Develop Bid Evaluation Plans, Procedures and Models for evaluating Technical Bid and Price Bids.
- Participate, in close cooperation with supply department, in the contractual review of the pre-qualifications dossiers and the selection of bidders.
- Prepare and validate the bid documents by preparing the commercial contents and obtaining the technical contents for contractual review.
- Participating in the development of fit for purpose / bespoke Articles of Agreement for the future EPCI Contract and recommendation of improvements to existing contracts forms, all in close collaboration with supply and legal departments.
- Ensure that the lessons learnt from ongoing EPCI Contracts are to be incorporated in the tender documents to prevent reoccurrence of the same issues and claims.
- Ensure the contractual review of all clarifications and tender bulletins proposed by the project team before issuance to bidders by supply department.
- Ensure that interest are safeguarded in the Letter of Award (LOA) and that the parties rights and obligations, as amended by the tender bulletins are incorporated in the final EPCI contract.
After EPCI Contract Award:
- Manage the global contractual daily requirements, including the preparation of all letters and preparation of all change orders. reporting of claim and variation progress.
- Handle contractor claims effectively and to resolve issues on behalf of Company.
- Endeavor to maintain a clear and fair communication with the EPCI Contractor.
- Timely handle the LLI POs Novation to the EPCI Contractor, in close coordination with the supply department.
- Promote inter-departmental communication and encourage team work.
- Performance of any other contracts management related duties as needed.
- Assist the Head of Contracts and the other contracts Specialists on other packages, as required to best handle the overall contracts function workload.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in the area of contracting and administration of major FEED and/or EPC contracts, preferably for offshore scopes.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Business Administration with relevant experience.
- Proven experience in contract formulation and contracts management activities, across a broad range of FEED and/or EPC contracts coupled with a working knowledge of engineering practices in oil and gas industry.
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze extensive information, anticipate contractual problems, raising issues in a timely manner to ensure risks are mitigated and disputes avoided.
- Retain and demonstrate excellent attention to detail abilities.
- Be a good communicator.
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Any qualification, technical, or knowledge requirements may be waived through relevant work experience.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 Sep 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha