About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Contract Advisor (Contracts Landperson)
IntroductionOur client, a major Oil and Gas Operator is seeking a Contracts Advisor (formerly known as a Contracts Landman) to come to work for us reporting directly to the Manager, Mineral Lease and Contracts. In this position, you will be part of a multifaceted team working closely with both internal and external stakeholders with responsibility for the administration and analysis of contracts for the Land team.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal business partners including operations, joint interest, finance, legal and production accounting
- Work with the Mineral Land Negotiator and asset teams and manage contractual obligations, interpretations as well as drafting
- Use your experience with CS Land to ensure proficient data entry and maintenance following data consistency standards and data verification as well as create, build and run reports
- Collaborate with the Mineral Land Negotiator and asset teams to review and respond to third-party Right of First Refusals (ROFRs) as well as prepare and manage operated ROFRs
- Prepare, process and track operated and non-operated Independent Operations Notices (IONs) with an in-depth understanding of penalty concepts and issues
- Work with stakeholders and manage the operated and non-operated abandonment processes
- Draft Purchase and Sale Agreements as well as conveyance and ancillary documents and conduct title reviews to identify deficiencies in support of our Acquisitions and Divestiture (A&D) activities
- Identify and develop process and procedural enhancements to improve efficiencies within the contracts and mineral land team
- Be active in your sharing of knowledge with peers as well as providing mentorship to junior members of the team
- Post-secondary education from a recognized land program is preferred but would consider a combination of education and experience
- 7-10 years of oil and gas contracts land experience
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrable experience with complex contracts
- Experience working on A&D activities
- Member of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen (CALEP) is preferred
- Working knowledge of CS Land
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Norka Thompson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary