Workshop Operations Manager
Vacancy number • PUB406663
Brunel is partnering with a global organisation who are searching for a highly skilled Machine Shop Operations Manager to join their team in QLD.
About this role
Oversee the operations of business activities within the facility and catchment area. Be responsible for Profit and Loss of the business.
- Manage and drive production activities to ensure revenue targets are met and exceeded, including continuous improvement activities.
- Lead, manage and develop employees.
- Complete month end and invoicing responsibilities.
- Comply with requirements of ISO9001 / ISO17025 and Licensors Quality Standards.
- Maintain high levels of equipment utilisation / uptime and drive ongoing improvements in equipment uptime, running cost and throughput.
- Establish, maintain and improve high levels of quality systems and WIP management.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication, contact and team work with customers, suppliers and staff.
- Complete onsite training to machine shop and inspection staff.
- Lead and develop all safety measures required in and for the facility.
- Controlling of stock and steel.
- Ensure critical accreditations are maintained and compliant.
- Be compliant to all QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
- At all times, comply with Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or managerial position.
- Trade certification in Machining, or demonstrable understanding of the machining process.
- Previous experience working within the Oil and Gas drilling industry.
- Familiarity with manufacturing excellence, including modern techniques based on lean manufacturing, 5S, waste elimination and visual communication.
- Previous experience in production planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of operation of machining techniques.
- Knowledge of CNC machine programming.
- Capability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Understanding of differences between grades of steel and their machining characteristics.
- Toowoomba/Dalby QLD based role
- Mon- Fri
- Annual salary with additional benefits
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Stock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406663