About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Civil Superintendent
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking an experienced Civil Superintendent. This is a FIFO role based at a gold mine in PNG. Offer of a 6-month contract opportunity with likely extension. FIFO benefits and attractive daily rate – 22 days on/20 days off roster with 12 work hour days. Commencement date is as soon as possible.
The role of the Civil Works Superintendent is to:
- Manage the execution of the civil works component of the mine project, e.g. ground anchoring subcontractor, access, drainage, and ancillary works
- Managing contractual relationship with ground support subcontractor
- Review the deliverables to ensure safety, suitability and constructability
- Liaise between the design consultant, ground support contractor and project mining team to ensure required information is available so schedules and budgets can be achieved
- Manage on-site design consultant to ensure QA/QC requirements are met
- Conduct value engineering exercises with an aim to optimise ground support design
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Membership of a professional organisation
- Preferred minimum 10 years’ experience
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and police clearance
- Strong understanding and adherence to OHS procedures and practices
- National Police Clearance (within 6 months) or willing to obtain one
- Exp. in an operational open pit mine (advantageous)
- Competent in IT, at a minimum; MS Office. CAD (advantageous).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane