Civil Structural and Architectural Engineer
Vacancy number • PUB406121
Our client, a leading multi-billion-dollar company, is embarking on an ambitious venture to construct a state-of-the-art giga factory. This facility will revolutionize our industry and redefine the way products are manufactured. Brunel is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Civil Structural Engineer to join our client’s dynamic team.
As a Civil Structural Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of this construction project. You will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the integrity, safety, and efficiency of all civil, structural, and architectural aspects of the project. Your expertise will contribute to the creation of a cutting-edge facility that will shape the future of this industry.
About this role
- Responsible for Civil & Structural design review related to the civil site layouts including concrete & structural steel works, foundations arrangement layouts, structural and foundation details, calculation for foundations or pipe supports, GA for structural steel. This is also extended to various typical works, such as concrete protection details, road, and paving details, drain sump details, civil & structural bulk MTO, requisitions and Technical Bid Evaluations TBEs.
- Responsible for gathering the Civil & Structural design requirements from the different disciplines.
- Responsible for coordination between Civil & Structural design and other discipline designs in addition to project or site interfaces.
- Drive and support the design contractors in the development of their solutions and resolve technical queries in accordance with the agreed schedule and budget.
- Ensure quality assurance of Civil & Structural engineering activities including the review and approval of associated design deliverables, vendor/supplier documentation.
- Prepare or review of CSA design estimates and work scopes at various life-cycle stages of the project.
- Client representative at design reviews and acceptance tests.
- Provide technical support to the planning & scheduling, construction, and commissioning teams.
- Work with the Maintenance and Operations Teams to achieve a successful handover of the design documentation and flawless startup.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience with similar role in industrial and plant layout design, preferably in both greenfield and brownfield settings.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience working in projects integrating both indoor and outdoor industrial processes.
- Previous experience working as a Civil/Structural engineer in all project phases from feasibility to construction and commissioning.
- Experience in supporting other project functions with input, including estimating, scheduling, HSE risk assessments, and constructability reviews.
- Previous experience with large scale projects (100M+) in one of the following industries: Oil &Gas, Chemicals, Mining &Metals, Pharmaceuticals, Food &Beverages.
- Experience with underground/aboveground services is desirable.
- Experience with, and motivated to, setting up work methods and procedures from scratch, work with process evaluation and documentation.
- Familiar with Canadian codes, standards, and regulations.
Nice to have:
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry
- Familiar with International codes, standards, and regulations.
- Fluent in French and English
- Fluency in other languages
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406121